Do you want to guide refugees in making a new start? Then we are looking for you!
What does the Refugee Support Center Groene Hart do?
We are an independent organization that represents the interests of refugees and asylum seekers in Woerden and Oudewater, from the moment of arrival up to and including integration into our society. The protection we offer consists of personal support, advocacy in admission, reception and integration, offering access to society and the opportunity to build an independent life. The influx of Ukrainian refugees means to us that we want to increase our team with social counselors.
When refugees register in the municipality, it is important that they are helped to become self-reliant as quickly as possible. As a social counselor you map out what the refugee needs and you help them on their way.
You are the first point of contact
You help refugees with all kinds of practical matters, prepare for registration with the municipality, but also think of arranging schools for children, help with financial matters and you connect them to organizations and residents who can support them with solving problems in the coming period. of different things. It goes without saying that you are also a listening ear, so that a refugee can share his story.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who, based on their work experience, want to contribute on the basis of voluntary commitment:
- You are a researcher and a doer at the same time.
- Listening carefully to the other person and thinking along with the other is made for you.
- Enthusiastic, enterprising and solution-oriented suits you.
- Patience, drive to really want to help, clear in your explanation and you are sober, so you don't get stressed quickly.
- Is stress resistant, you can set your own limits.
- It is flexible and together we make a schedule that also suits you. Our question is whether you can be available for two half-days a week in the first four weeks. Then we can train you properly.
- We are very happy with people who have work experience in social-legal services, financial services, care and welfare and people with a pedagogical background.
- HBO or MBO+ work and thinking level.
- Have knowledge of the social map or are willing to delve into it.
- Good command of the Dutch language (oral and written), basic knowledge of the English language and knowledge of the Ukrainian or Russian language would of course be fantastic.
- Easy to establish contact, both with the client and with the authorities.
What do you get?
- You make the difference and contribute to creating a situation in which refugees are well received.
- Professional support by professionals. You can go here with your questions. And we are there for you wherever you need our expertise.
- Work in a team of professionals, volunteers and trainees.