You have a new volunteer for your organization. How nice! Here are some tips for hiring this volunteer:
- Provide a clear vacancy in advance in which the job description is clearly stated, so that the volunteer knows what is expected of him/her.
- Meet by phone, via a video call (Facetime, Whatsapp, Zoom) or at your organization.
- Put the basic information needed to get started on paper and email it to someone. This basic information can be discussed directly in the conversation.
- If you work with rules of conduct and a code of conduct, mail these in advance.
- Deploy a few people who have been active within the organization for some time as induction workers.
- Share the contact details with each other so that the new volunteers can contact them if there are any questions.